Charleston, S.C.-based Crescent Homes has closed the first quarter of 2019 with a total of $28,250 in donations facilitated through its GIVE philanthropic program.
The GIVE program provides $250 in charitable donations for each new home sold by Crescent Homes, and provides each of its home buyers with a choice of five local charities to dedicate their contributions to. Since April 2017, GIVE has raised a total of $175,500 for 39 Charleston-based organizations.
In the first quarter of 2019, Crescent Homes and its new home buyers provided:
- $4,000 to Trident Literary Association, which provides adult literacy, GED preparation, English as a Second Language, and other skill classes for adults,
- $3,500 to Keep Charleston Beautiful, which works to maintain the beauty and cleanliness of the City of Charleston,
- $6,500 to WINGS for Kids, which helps low-income children learn social emotional skills,
- $10,000 to Eagle Harbor Kids, a shelter for orphaned, abandoned, neglected, and abused children,
- $4,500 to Carolina Coonhound Rescue, a hound rescue, care, and adoption organization.
The program aims not only to raise funds, but to provide new residents with awareness of the non-profit organizations in their area and encourage community involvement.
“The GIVE program was founded with a deeper purpose than just providing a financial donation,” says Ted Terry, founder and CEO of Crescent Homes. “People fall in love with Charleston for a multitude of reasons, but one of the greatest things about it is the strong sense of community. We felt it was important for home buyers, whether they had lived here for years or are just moving here to feel like a part of community.”
The second quarter’s GIVE program recipients include:
- Camp Rise Above, which provides camp experiences for children with serious illnesses and disabilities,
- Louie’s Kids, which raises funds to treat childhood obesity,
- Charleston Hope, which aims to enhance school culture and climate in Title 1 Schools,
- Valiant Animal Rescue, which rehabilitates and re-homes animals acquired in abuse and neglect cases,
- Project Alive and Kicking, which provides educational materials for expectant mothers.
“It’s been rewarding to follow along with their milestones and triumphs and see firsthand the impact their work has on the Charleston community,” Terry says. “Investing in the places our home buyers call home has always been important to Crescent Homes and we are happy to be able to expand GIVE into our other two markets.”