TRI Pointe Group and Hanley Wood’s BUILDER today unveiled plans to team up on a BUILDER Concept 2016 project, two homes TRI Pointe’s Pardee Homes unit will build at the Inspirada master planned community in Henderson, Nev., in advance of the International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas next January.
The two companies—Hanley Wood and TRI Pointe—will collaborate with Bassenian Lagoni Architects, Ketchum Global Research and Communications, Metrostudy, and Pardee to develop the BUILDER TRI Pointe Responsive Home, a groundbreaking venture in developing a new home designed and built to respond to today’s needs.
Designed and built for flexibility, the Responsive Home is relevant to all. All ages, stages and circumstances, with a particular appeal to those newly entering the market to purchase a home, can now expect the same level of responsiveness in their home as they apply to the rest of their lives. Thus, Millennial — and other home buyers will find the Responsive Home exciting, appealing, attainable, flexible, and connected as both home and part of a neighborhood.
“This innovative Responsive Home initiative draws immediate and compelling sense from TRI Pointe’s own mission as an organization,” says Doug Bauer, TRI Pointe Chief Executive Officer. “We're excited to be part of this team and create life inspiring homes for a new generation of home buyers.”
“What’s fueling our effort here are bold aesthetic and functional innovations that will secure this home a place as American home building’s game-changing new paragon in 2016,” says John McManus, editorial director for the Residential Group at Hanley Wood. “It will be designed with the preferences, passions, and attitudes of 77 million young and emerging adults in focus.”
“The legacy and power of BUILDER’s Concept Home projects date back to 1997, when we worked with Hall of Fame architect Barry Berkus on the Home of the Future,” says Paul Tourbaf, President of Hanley Wood’s Residential Construction Group. “We’ve assembled a world-class team to research, develop, design, and build a project that will take our idea home initiatives to a bold, deeply meaningful level in a marketplace that needs new ideas to activate young adult buyers.”
New in concept, rich in its tradition of designing responsible homes, the Responsive Home from BUILDER and TRI Pointe is:
- A home that authentically responds to a young adult home buyer universe, priced to meet real-world Las Vegas market working-professional income levels, and designed to fulfill a nowadays dream of homeownership. Initial-cost, cost-of-ownership, livability and ideas blend into a 2,100 sq. foot home that lives much larger and a 3,000 sq. ft. home that offers multiple evolution-over-time options to its owners as well.
- The home’s finishes and features respond to a need for fresh, bold form and function to inspire young, hesitant buyers, all in a pricing spectrum within their reach.
- The home responds practically, aesthetically, and experientially to its physical, geographical setting, with a powerful indoor-outdoor flow.
- The home responds by design to present and future/longer-ownership living needs and options, with flexible spaces, adoptable floor plans, and even DIY optionality that can accommodate shifting household composition, new family members—young or old, and moving-target work scenarios.
- The home intuitively responds to evolving homeowner needs around technology-enabled automation and energy performance, ensuring that its systems for comfort, electrical net-zero operational cost, and durability adapt to a price and comfort level consistent with the attainability of the project.
- The home’s neighborhood, siting, landscaping and integration within Inspirada responds to the desire for connectivity within a relevant community, both with neighbors and nature, including extensive community programing, unprecedented, active parks, a seamless system of walking, strolling and biking trails, connected to direct access to miles of pristine world class hiking.
Stay tuned, as BUILDER tracks the progress, the process, the people, and the program that develops into the BUILDER TRI Pointe Responsive Home. A house that learns is a home that lives.