Smith Douglas Homes is seeking a valuation of $1.08 billion in its initial U.S. initial public offering, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Jan. 3. The home builder is offering approximately 7.7 million shares at a price between $18 and $21.

“We will be a holding company, and upon consummation of this offering and the application of proceeds therefrom, our principal asset will consist of LLC Interests we acquire directly from Smith Douglas Holdings LLC and from each Continuity Equity Owner, collectively representing an aggregate 15.0% economic interest in Smith Douglas Holdings LLC,” the company said in its SEC filing. “The remaining 85.0% economic interest in Smith Douglas Holdings LLC will be owned by the Continuing Equity Owners through their ownership of LLC interests, assuming no exercise of the underwriters’ option to purchase additional shares of Class A common stock.”

The company plans to list its shares on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “SDHC,” according to the builder. JPMorgan and Bank of America are the lead underwriters for the offering.

Smith Douglas Homes first began the IPO process with a filing with the SEC in September 2023.

Atlanta-based Smith Douglas Homes closed 2,200 homes in 2022 and ranked 38th on the 2023 BUILDER 100 list. As recently as 2014, the builder ranked No. 83 with 472 closings. Smith Douglas operates in Atlanta; Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama; Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; and Houston. The builder’s acquisition of Devon Street Homes in August 2023 marked Smith Douglas’ entrance into the Texas market. According to the Smith Douglas Homes website, the builder has 24 communities available in the Houston market.