The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today announced the winners of its Best in Green Awards at a ceremony during the International Builders' Show.
"This year's competition for Best in Green Awards was truly impressive, with more entries than ever before," said NAHB Chairman Ed Brady, a home builder and developer in Bloomington, Ill. "The winners represent the best of the best in environmentally friendly building, development and remodeling, showcasing the latest in high-performance building practices and sustainable living."
This year's winners included:
· Best in Green 55+ Community: Mirabella, Koral and Gobuty Developments, Bradenton, Fla.
· Best in Green Community: Green Park Homes, Santa Clarita, Calif.
· Best in Green Multifamily Project - Affordable: Prospect Plaza Site 1, Blue Sea Development Company LLC, Huntington, N.Y.
· Best in Green Multifamily Project - Market Rate: Monarc at Met 3, ZOM Development, Orlando, Fla.
· Best in Green, NGBS Certified: Prospect Plaza Site 1, Blue Sea Development Company LLC, Huntington, N.Y.
· Best in Green Remodeling Project: The Rhodo Reno, Living Stone Construction, Black Mountain, N.C.
· Best in Green Sales and Marketing Strategy: The Organic Home, Dorn Homes, Prescott, Ariz.
· Best in Green Single-Family Custom Home: Sloane Modern, Phil Kean Design Group, Orlando, Fla.
· Best in Green Single-Family Production Home: Sage, The Bozzuto Group, Fulton, Md.
· Best in Green Young Professional of the Year: Scott Frankel, Co-President and Principal of Frankel Building Group, Houston, Texas.