Milwaukee Tool has launched a new battery platform, the MX FUEL system, specifically for light construction equipment. The system is designed to eliminate the hazards traditionally associated with gas-powered models – including emissions, noise, and vibration – while maintaining high standards of performance, run-time, and durability.
- The MX FUEL system is set to launch with products in six light equipment categories, each one chosen to address a challenging user experience:
- The MX FUEL 14-inch Cut-Off Saw, which eliminates emissions, provides quiet operation, and makes fast and true cuts,
- The MX FUEL Breaker, which can break over two tons of concrete per charge,
- The MX FUEL Hand Held Core Drill, which can core up to 6-inch holes in reinforced concrete with enhanced control and safety,
- The MX FUEL Sewer Drum Machine w/POWERTREDZ, which can clear roots up to 200 feet out,
- The MX FUEL CARRY-ON 3600W/1800W Power Supply, which provides accessible and portable power,
- The MX FUEL Tower Light/Charger, a 10-foot light that delivers up to 27,000 lumens of task or area lighting in any conditions.
Like the M12 and M18 lines, MX FUEL products will feature Milwaukee Tool’s POWERSTATE Brushless Motor, REDLINK PLUS Intelligence, and a REDLITHIUM Battery Pack.
“After spending more than 10,000 hours with users on thousands of jobsites globally, we discovered considerable safety and productivity challenges within some product categories – like gas-powered and AC equipment – due to very limited innovation,” says Andrew Plowman, vice president of product management for Milwaukee Tool. “From gas headaches to design features that were causing stress on users’ bodies over time, it was clear that today’s equipment wasn’t delivering on user needs. By dramatically reducing the hazards and frustrations of the light equipment that has dominated the marketplace for years, MX FUEL will fundamentally change jobsites everywhere.”