The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognized 11 home builders and six home raters with the 2022 Indoor airPLUS Leader Awards. According to the EPA, the awards recognize organizations who champion safer, healthier, and more comfortable indoor environments through participation in and promotion of the Indoor airPLUS program, offering enhanced indoor air quality protections to new home buyers.
Tempe, Arizona-based Fulton Homes, No. 81 on the 2022 BUILDER 100, won its eighth Indoor airPLUS Leader Award and was recognized as a Leader of the Year for the third year. The Leader of the Year recognizes organizations for their outstanding commitment and program performance. The EPA says Fulton Homes embraces its leader role with an innovative and effective marketing strategy that includes developing and widely marketing social media posts and an updated Indoor airPLUS promotional video to highlight the benefits of the program.
In the rater category, New Paltz, New York-based Integral Building + Design was recognized as a Leader for the fifth time and a Rater Leader of the Year for the first time. The EPA says the company has demonstrated leadership in outreach to its clients who build affordable housing, including presenting and promoting the benefits of the Indoor airPLUS program to the construction industry. As a result of the efforts by Integral Building + Design, three new affordable housing developers committed to building 100% Indoor airPLUS-labeled homes in 2021.
“EPA congratulates the 2022 Indoor airPLUS Leaders and Leaders of the Year for their efforts to build and promote American homes designed to provide occupants with healthier indoor air,” says Joseph Goffman, principal deputy assistant administrator of EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation. “Now more than ever, people understand the importance of healthier indoor air quality. These market-leading home builders and raters help American home buyers protect their families with healthier homes across the spectrum of new housing stock.”
The full list of 2022 Indoor airPLUS Award winners include:
- Beazer Homes–Arizona; Mesa, Arizona (No. 19 on the 2022 BUILDER 100)
- Beazer Homes–Dallas; Farmers Branch, Texas
- Beazer Homes–Las Vegas; Henderson, Nevada
- C&B Custom Homes; Cottonwood, Arizona
- Charis Homes; North Canton, Ohio
- Fulton Homes; Tempe, Arizona
- Mandalay Homes; Prescott, Arizona
- Meritage Homes; Scottsdale, Arizona (No. 7 on the 2022 BUILDER 100)
- Providence Homes; Jacksonville, Florida
- Thrive Home Builders; Denver
- Tri Pointe Homes Arizona; Scottsdale, Arizona (No. 16 on the 2022 BUILDER 100)
- ARCXIS; Houston
- E3 Energy; Flagstaff, Arizona
- EnergyLogic; Berthoud, Colorado
- Integral Building + Design; New Paltz, New York
- JKP Energy Inspections; Gilbert, Arizona
- Steven Winter Associates; Norwalk, Connecticut
Indoor airPLUS is a voluntary partnership and labeling program that helps builders improve the quality of indoor air and meet consumer preferences for homes with improved air quality, according to the EPA. The EPA says Indoor airPLUS-labeled homes can help reduce the likelihood of common and serious health problems, such as disease transmission, heart disease, cancer, asthma, allergies, respiratory issues, and headaches.