Hanley Wood’s BUILDER and Meritage Homes Corporation (NYSE: MTH), a leading U.S. home builder and developer, announced plans to unveil the Meritage reNEWable Living Home with a broad educational program today in Orlando.
The reNEWable Living Home will showcase the preferences and buying habits of the multigenerational household, highlighting innovative floorplans and solutions that help this demographic live more comfortably. The home is priced to meet real-world, Orlando market, income levels, and is designed with real-time adaptability, offering multiple evolution over time options –in laws suite, adult children suite, etc. – to its owners as well.
“We designed the reNEWable Living Home to educate the industry on the evolving needs of the estimated 60 million people living in a multigenerational household,” said John McManus, editorial director of Hanley Wood’s Residential Group. “When BUILDER and Metrostudy surveyed builders across the US, 90% said they have had multigenerational buyers shop their projects in the last 12 months. And, 71% report that they have had multigenerational buyers finalize a purchase with them. Two-thirds of the respondents also said that they plan to create floorplans that speak to the preferences of this buyer type.”
The reNEWable Living Home features an approximately 5,778 square foot open floorplan designed by BSB Design to be adaptable to how different buying families will need to live in the space. The home’s initial configuration has seven bedrooms and five bathrooms, with flex spaces that can be manipulated to the individual buyer’s unique needs.
“Meritage Homes is driving the innovation that will maximize home operations and change the way that homebuyers perceive what a home can do,” Peter Goldstone, CEO of Hanley Wood. “With this project, homeowners will have the power of choice to demand more from their homes, and thereby improve their immediate surroundings in ways that improve their lives.”
The home’s finishes, features and functionality address a need for a bold new blend of form and function to inspire families to see options, flexibility and adaptability as part of the value they can have in a new home, as well as engineered advances in durability, performance, healthfulness and resilience. The home connects experientially to its physical and geographical setting, with a powerful indoor-outdoor flow, deriving a sustainable balance between home and the environment.
The reNEWable Living Home challenges the materials and processes used in conventional construction. The home’s state-of-the-art features and benefits include:· More Savings: The home contains enough renewable energy sources to meet a Net Zero Energy standard, meaning it is designed to produce all or most of the energy it consumes.
· Better Health: Progressive ventilation systems feed fresh, healthier air into the home.
· Real Comfort: Innovative building technologies such as the HercuWall® system, insulated flooring, and advanced HVAC design improve durability and comfort.
· Peace of Mind: The M.Connected HomeTM Automation Suite includes an array of Wi-Fi-enabled devices that respond to commands for enhanced safety, security and energy efficiency.
· Thoughtful Design: The reNEWable Living Home has a flexible floor plan to anticipate the needs of today’s multigenerational families, enhance their privacy and promote interconnectivity.
· Advanced Certifications: The home’s performing, innovative design has earned a 16 HERS Rating (the lowest 1% of all HERS rated homes in the country) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR certification and Indoor airPLUS certification, and satisfies the U.S. Department of Energy’s Zero Ready Home Program requirements.
Sponsors of the reNEWable Living Home include Western Window Systems (Title Sponsor), Carrier, Eldorado Stone, SES Foam, Timberlake Cabinetry, The Toro Company, Eagle Roofing Products, Heat & Glo, HercuTech Inc., Kwikset, Progress Lighting, Square D by Schneider Electric, Whirlpool Corporation, Aprilaire, Avid Ratings, CertainTeed Gypsum, Clopay, Ply Gem Building Products and Sherwin-Williams Company.
Visit www.builderonline.com/renewable to experience the evolution of the reNEWable project.