For the first time this year, Home Depot held its annual 2020 Innovation Awards through a ceremony live-streamed to supplier partners and merchants. The award finalists cover categories across the home construction sphere, including lighting, home security, and flooring, and this year two of the three top honorees showcase innovations in home cooking.
The Overall Winner is the Frigidaire Air Fry Range by Electrolux, which offers both a conventional stove and oven and air fry functionality. The range’s large cooking capacity allows it to crisp food evenly on all sides without the need to turn.
First Runner-Up is the Masterbuilt Gravity-Fed Grill/Smoker, a combination outdoor grill equipped with smart control technology for hands-off smoking, grilling, searing, baking, or roasting. The grill can reach a peak temperature of 700 degrees Fahrenheit in 13 minutes, and holds over 12 hours of charcoal fuel.
The Second Runner-Up is the Lutron Sunnata Touch Dimmer with LED+ Technology. The dimmer can be installed in 15 minutes with existing wiring, and utilizes the same captive-touch technology of modern touch screens to offer accurate and responsive custom light control.
“As the product authority in home improvement, we are honored to recognize our supplier partners who bring the most innovative and exclusive products to the market that deliver the best value to our customers,” says Ted Decker, president and chief operating officer for the Home Depot. “Today, we acknowledge our supplier partners for their remarkable work through our annual Innovation Awards Ceremony.”
The retailer’s product innovation finalists include:
- Adjusta-Pull Cabinet Hardware by Liberty Hardware, which allows cabinet handles to be lengthened without drilling additional holes in cabinetry;
- Daltile QuicTile, porcelain tiles with a quick and cost-effective installation process;
- Henry Roof Coatings, designed to protect against sun, rain, and snow wear to extend roof life by up to five years;
- Hampton Bay Mara Ceiling Fan by King of Fans, featuring an improved installation process;
- Husky 1 1/4-inch Ratcheting PVC Cutter by GreatStar, which uses 40% less force than comparable cutters to cut PVC pipe;
- Lockly Smart Locks, which generate a unique digital keypad for each user; and
- Zevo Insect Control, a series of safe, natural indoor-outdoor bug control products.
The Innovation Award winners and finalists will feature the Home Depot Innovation Award seal starting in November.
In conjunction with the Innovation Awards, the Home Depot also recognized TTI as its Environmental Partner of the Year for its investment in lithium ion battery technology; Milwaukee as the Interconnected Partner of the Year for the quality of its customer experience; and Delta as the Marketing Innovation Partner of the Year for its strategic marketing tactics.