The Shea Homes® resort lifestyle brand, Trilogy®, is celebrating its 20th anniversary as September, 2019 closes.
"While we build exceptional Shea homes, I believe our success over the last 20 years is our ability to design spaces that homeowners never realized they always wanted," said Jeff McQueen, president of Shea Homes Active Lifestyle Communities, the division that leads the Trilogy brand. "A huge driver for us is to captivate female shoppers by developing forward thinking amenities that fulfill their interests. Being on the cutting edge of resort lifestyle programming is what motivates us, what keeps us relevant and ultimately is why so many buyers choose Trilogy."
Trilogy was one of the first to integrate many mainstay amenities and home options.
- DIVERSIFYING THE GOLF EXPERIENCE. As the game of golf has progressed, Trilogy communities have evolved golf offerings for homeowners, often designing courses that make the game more appealing and more accessible to more people, whether avid players or those wishing to learn the game. Some examples found at Trilogy communities include:
- At Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch in Arizona, Li'l Wick and Watering Hole seamlessly blend golf and entertainment. Set up for serious or casual play day or night, Li'l Wick is a 9-hole 3 par course that can be played in flip flops without a tee time. This innovative venue hosts popular outdoor games, nine wide-screen televisions showing all the big games, fire pits, a four-person hammock, and music streamed around the course completes the laid-back fun vibe. The course surrounds Watering Hole, an inviting outdoor bar and grill, featuring classic American fare as well as select beers, wines and cocktails.
- Redefining the game of golf at Trilogy at Ocala Preserve, renowned golf designer Tripp Davis and PGA Tour star Tom Lehman designed a course that can be played in multiple ways according to pace and flexibility. Homeowners can play 6 holes in under an hour or 18 holes on the championship course.
- High tech golf simulators can be found at many communities without courses on-site, providing homeowners the opportunity to sharpen their skill sets for off-site excursions. These are also perfect for non-golfers who are intimidated to hit the links or just want to try a fun activity during a Trilogy happy hour.
- REDEFINING DINING. Not satisfied with simply having golf grills, Trilogy disrupted the traditional dining experience for homeowners by embarking on a mission to have high quality, visually exciting dining experiences at communities nationwide. When Monarch Dunes, located on the Central Coast of California, opened its club in 2008, it was the first to feature a signature restaurant led by an executive chef within Trilogy. Since then, restaurants are viewed to be a social experience and the center of each community, frequented by homeowners and residents in the surrounding area and overseen by the executive chef like a sole proprietorship.
- BRINGING WINE CULTURE TO LIFE. Trilogy has vineyards in both their Northern California communities, Trilogy at The Vineyards and Central Coast and Trilogy at Monarch Dunes. At The Vineyards, homeowners produce and bottle their own wine with grapes on site. Instead of building a third golf course at Monarch Dunes, Shea Homes decided to add a vineyard for homeowners to be able to press their own grapes at the community, in lieu of doing so with a local vintner. The home builder offers national wine programming at every community, including wine lockers for rent at restaurants, food and wine pairing events, an unprecedented Barrel Masters membership program that includes exclusive savings and VIP perks at winemaker dinners, pairing parties and more.
- CULTIVATING MEMORIES IN CULINARY STUDIOS. Capitalizing on the rise in popularity of viewing parties and group cooking lessons among female buyers, Trilogy designed its signature Culinary Studios with the end in mind of creating a social hub where women could mingle, enjoy cooking together or a chef demonstration, and watch their favorite television programs and films as a group, significantly expanding the opportunities for socializing.
- EXPANDING ROLE OF WELLNESS. A pioneer in health and wellness for 55-plus and resort communities, Trilogy was one of the the first to amplify fitness offerings for women and men with Pilates, Zumba and more. A significant differential to competitors, Dr. Amy Whittington, board-certified Naturopathic Physician, provides signature wellness education program for Trilogy communities across the country. Trilogy also provides several signature wellness programs, including full day spas and branded fitness experiences like Afturburn, combining the best of high-intensity interval work, personal training, and mobility modules to create a motivating and effective fitness regimen for homeowners.
- MODERNIZATION OF HIGH-PERFORMANCE HOMES. Shea Homes' Trilogy communities was one of the first in the nation to provide a standard solar package in communities across the country in 2007. Today, solar options vary by community. This month, Shea Homes launched SheaConnect™, a suite of smart home features included in most new homes, designed specifically to improve and ease the daily life of the homeowner.