Meritage Homes (NYSE: MTH) has received the 2019 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
For seven consecutive years, Meritage has been honored by the EPA for continued leadership in protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency advancements. Meritage was also recognized for the ninth year as a leader in the EPA’s ENERGY STAR for Homes Program.
“Meritage believes families deserve homes that are thoughtfully designed and built. Through key partnerships like the one we have with ENERGY STAR, Meritage continues to incorporate industry-leading innovation and serve as a trusted expert in the home building industry,” said C.R. Herro, vice president of Innovation for Meritage Homes. “We consider it our responsibility to deliver homes that promote health, comfort, and enduring value at a lower total cost.”
With guidance and support from the ENERGY STAR program, Meritage Homes set and achieved many sustainability goals last year, including:
- Completing 8,531 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2018, which are estimated to save more than 78 million kilowatt hours of electricity, eliminate more than 119 million pounds of carbon dioxide, and reduce homeowner utility bills by about $9.4 million.
- Achieving an average Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index Score of 55 for all homes rated in 2018.
- Educating buyers on how to discern better building practices through Meritage’s traditional marketing, new website and social media platforms.
- Allowing consumers, municipalities, students, trades and vendors to see the inner workings of the home, experience hands-on interactive displays, and view educational videos at more than 180 learning centers across the country.
- Hosting training days and annual meetings to discuss Meritage’s commitment to advanced building practices and to ensure compliance with ENERGY STAR’s standards.
- Partnering with Avid Ratings to monitor customer satisfaction and promote customer service as a critical component in the ENERGY STAR for Homes business model.