Home Depot has announced the winners of its 2019 Innovation Awards, given to products from select supplier partners that demonstrate innovations in efficiency or cost-savings. For the second year in a row, the winner, runners-up and finalists will be marked with a Home Depot Innovation Award badge online and in Home Depot stores.
The overall winner is the Cub Cadet ULTIMA Series ZT1 50 FAB Zero-Turn Riding Mower by MTD. The mower’s “zero turn” capability provides a faster mowing time, and a reinforced cutting system is designed to provide an even cut with fewer clumps left behind. It features dual LED headlights for work before dawn or after dusk, and an ergonomic seating area designed for operator comfort.
The first runner-up is the Home Decorators Collection 30-in. Sedgewood Bath Vanities by American Woodmark, which feature a compact design, soft grey and blue color choices, and solid-surface vanity top and bowl sink. The vanities’ doors and drawers are all movable and reversible, made to accommodate any pluming configuration or room layout.
Second runner-up is the Commercial Electric 6-in. LED Slim Color Changing Recessed Lighting Kit by Globe. The canless lights are designed to install without tools, and will last for up to 50,000 hours of use. The lights are 10% dimmable, and display 900 lumens of output on only 15 watts of energy, and may be set to one of five color temperatures: warm white, soft white, neutral white, bright white and daylight.
Along with the top three products, Home Depot has also recognized the following finalists for their innovative qualities:
- The DEWALT Atomic 20V Compact Series, a 20V battery platform that powers a variety of compact power tools, including drivers and saws.
- The Husky Welded Garage Cabinets by Hyxion, a heavy-duty six-piece garage storage system.
- The Jeld-Wen F-2500 Fiberglass Folding Patio Door, a durable and efficient folding door system.
- Home Legend Water-Resistant Bamboo Flooring, a wood-look product made to be sustainable, durable, and easy to install.
- Milwaukee Packout Tool Storage, which features an integrated dolly and stacking system.
- The ReVent Bath Fans, which may be installed from inside the home instead of the attic.
- The Traeger Wi-Fi Pellet Grill with WiFIRE Technology, which may be operated and monitored remotely via smartphone app.
“As the product authority in home improvement, we are proud to recognize the most innovative products on the market through our annual innovation awards ceremony,” says Ted Decker, merchandising executive vice president for The Home Depot. “Every day, we work closely with our supplier partners to bring to market products that deliver high quality and value, save our customers time and provide ease and convenience to complete their home improvement projects.”