BUILDER and Custom Home have extended the late deadline for the 2019 Builder's Choice & Custom Home Design Awards (BCCHDA), and will now accept entries until Friday, May 17.
For more than three decades, the annual program has celebrated innovation in residential design. Two levels of awards—merit and grand—are issued based on criteria including design excellence, innovation, sustainability, floor plan efficiency, and use of materials. One project may also be elevated to receive the program's highest honor, Project of the Year.
This year's categories include the following:
- Custom Home / 5,000 Square Feet or Less
- Custom Home / More than 5,000 Square Feet
- Whole-House Remodels and Additions (may include adaptive reuse) - new for 2019
- Interior Renovations (including master suites, basement, attics, mudrooms, etc.)
- Accessory Building / Outdoor Spaces (deck, patio, pool house, stable, garden house, guesthouse, etc.)
- Kitchen (new construction or remodel)
- Bath (new construction or remodel)
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / 3,500 Square Feet or Less
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / More than 3,500 Square Feet
- Modular/Prefab Home
- Multifamily, Duplexes, Townhomes and Mixed-Use
- Affordable Housing
- Urban or Community Planning
Projects completed after Jan. 1, 2014 are eligible for consideration. Winners will be featured on BUILDER and Custom Home, and honored at an event in Washington, D.C.
The Design Awards entry process is completely digital. You may register, complete entry forms, and upload images, drawings, and plans by submitting everything to the digital portal in an easy, two-step process.
Read the complete details of the program, and begin your application here.
VIEW past year's winners here.
QUESTIONS? For assistance, e-mail [email protected]