Due to the increased interest in healthy living, builder Taylor Morrison has unveiled TM LiveWell as its new standard offering for all new construction. Beginning Aug. 1, the company’s homes will feature healthy home products that offer safer and cleaner living at no additional cost to the buyer.
"Consumers are consciously aware of the health benefits and perceived risks in virtually every environment they're entering today—stores, schools, planes—so naturally they're just as tuned in to the health of their homes," says Sheryl Palmer, Taylor Morrison chairman and CEO. "As a builder we often say we stand for progress, and through TM LiveWell, we hope to set the standard for what customers deserve in this day and age from their place of sanctuary."
According to data from Taylor Morrison's latest survey, more than one-third of home shoppers said they seek to purchase a new home—rather than a resale—for better in-home health and wellness features. The survey also revealed strong interest among today's younger demographic, with nearly 40% of millennial and 35% of Gen X home shoppers indicating they desire health and wellness features in a new home.
This 'bias for new' holds true across the industry, according to Meyers Research, sister company to BUILDER that provides leading housing market data and trends.
"As we adapt to COVID-19 and the uncertainty it brings to our lives and economy, one thing is certain: 'healthy' is the new focus for the spaces in which we live, work, and play," says Tim Sullivan, Meyers Research senior managing principal. "Our national consumer research shows that home shoppers are looking first and foremost for air quality, clean water, and antibacterial surfaces."
The TM LiveWell base package includes air and water filtration systems as well as smart technology to monitor indoor air quality. Home buyers will also soon have the option to select additional healthy products in the builder’s design studios. Among the standard products are:
- Whole-house air filtration system: Removes dust, dirt, and mold spores for better air quality
- Honeywell T6 Pro Smart Thermostats: Provides integrated control for HVAC and ventilation with indoor air quality maintenance reminders
- Broan Surface Shield Bath Fans: Features antibacterial technology that prevents bacteria, mold, and mildew growth
- GE Smart Whole-Home Filtration System: Provides technology for better water quality along with remote leak detection and water shut-off capability for home safety
- Sherwin-Williams Harmony Paint: Keeps rooms fresher with odor reducing technology and features a chemical-free formula for better indoor air quality
- Moen MotionSense Touchless Faucets and Chef Series Garbage Disposals: Helps control the spread of germs and assists with fast clean-up in the kitchen