For more product information, visit ebuild, Hanley Wood's interactive product catalog, at www.ebuild.com.
- Forget clunky conventional fan control devices, and opt for the sleek Aspire three-speed unit instead. The product has a standard on/off switch, but a discreet slider adjusts the speed. Available as a single pole or three-way, it has a curve design to match other products in the Aspire line. It comes in three colors. Cost: $35. Cooper Wiring Devices. 770-631-2100. www.cooperindustries.com.
- Designed for furred-out masonry walls, M-Shield is a paperless multilayer reflective insulation that reduces the potential for mold and mildew growth by eliminating the cellulose in the insulation. The company says the Class A firerated product also breathes to allow vapor transfer. Cost: 30 percent less than foam board. Fi-Foil Co. 800-448-3401. www.fifoil.com.
Just Add Water
- The manufacturer says its new Stone Veneer Mortar is an easy way to set and grout artificial stone. Consistent from bag to bag, it eliminates the potential for waste, uneven proportions, and other issues associated with on-site mixing, the company says. It can be used in horizontal or vertical applications. Cost: $7 to $8 per bag. Sakrete. 800-738-1621. www.sakrete.com.
- The manufacturer says its folding lock back utility knife is an easier-to-use version of the popular tool. A Quick Change Button feature allows users to make blade changes 50 percent faster. In addition, the knife only allows blades to be changed when it is at a 45-degree angle, making it less likely for the blade to slip out of the knife. The knife also has a wire-stripping notch. Cost: $12.99. IRWIN Industrial Tools. 800-464-7946. www.irwin.com.
Sound of Music
- Your buyers could use an unbecoming waterproof radio in the shower, or you could install these ultra-cool SoundTile speakers instead. The waterproof coaxial speakers are housed in a 4-inch-by-4-inch escutcheon with a stainless steel front grill. A hole on the lower side of the escutcheon allows water drainage. Cost: $295 for two tiles. Kohler. 800-456-4537. www.kohler.com.
- Citing a need for eco-friendly doors, the manufacturer has introduced a line of doors made from salvaged materials. Each door is made from reclaimed glulam, stile-and-rail cores that are overlaid with recycled Douglas fir. Doors are available in one-, two-, or three-panel designs and come in standard and custom sizes. Cost: From $525 and up. Liberty Valley Doors. 707-795-8040. www.libertyvalleydoors.com.