For more product information, visit ebuild, Hanley Wood's interactive product catalog, at www.ebuild.com.
- The Husky 5-In-1 Professional's Drywall Tool puts the five most frequently used drywall tools together in one place. Measuring 6 inches and weighing 10 ounces, the product comprises a keyhole saw, a utility knife, a drywall rasp, a tube punch, and a small pry bar. Cost: $14.97. The Home Depot. 800-553-3199. www.homedepot.com.
- Designed to reduce sound and moisture transmission in above-grade concrete subfloors, Titebond 571 is cheaper and quicker to apply than conventional sound-reduction methods, such as cork, says the manufacturer. The urethane coating comes in 3.5-gallon metal pails. Cost: about 55 cents per square foot. Franklin International. 800-669-4583. www.titebond.com.
Who's the Boss?
- The Bossmate Portable Workstation offers an alternative to makeshift sawhorses. Expandable and modular, the system weighs less than 20 pounds and can be set up quickly with the insertion of 12-foot-long 2x4 boards into the frames. The workstations come in three designs. Cost: $19.99 to $199.99 for workstation systems and accessories. Bossmate. 800-651-6904. www.bossmate.net.
- The Marathon Circular Saw Blade's extremely durable carbide teeth are designed to stay sharper longer and allow users to frame items more quickly than they could with conventional blades. Featuring a technology called WeldTec, the carbide teeth are welded to the blade with a 30 percent stronger bond than usual, making the teeth 70 percent tougher than standard carbide teeth, according to the manufacturer. Every other tooth is ground slightly thinner to increase cut speed. Cost: $11.99 to $12.99. IRWIN Industrial Tool Co. 800-GO-IRWIN. www.irwin.com.
- Sonoran Series Prefabricated Fireplaces are lightweight, easy to install, and cost-effective, says their maker. The ready-made, modular masonry units come in 36, 42, and 48 inches and are lined with firebrick in various patterns and colors. See-through models are available. Cost: $1,899 to $2,698. Southwest Kiva. 480-315-0882. www.sonoranfireplaces.com. Circle no. 104.
- Citing a need for “real” work wear designed and sized for women, the manufacturer has created a new, feminine line that accounts for women's differences in top shapes and pant waists. The line consists of jeans, dungarees, knit shirts, sweatshirts, outer-wear, and accessories. Additional products will be added this fall. Cost: $18 to $120 per item. Carhartt. 800-833-3118. www.carhartt.com.