1. In-Law Suite Families are increasingly combining multiple generations under one roof and adding a private in-law suite with separate entrances and bathrooms to allow privacy.
2. Dual Suite Another option for multigenerational households is a dual-suite floor plan with privacy away from the communal living space.
3. Hearth Room A popular architectural option, especially for the winter months, is the addition of a hearth room or alcove for a fireplace.
4. Sun Room/Screened-In Porch Customers like to enjoy the beauty of nature—sans mosquitoes—from the comfort of their own home.
5. Wall of Windows This feature is a popular add-on for customers who seek a show-stopping architectural look and like to entertain.
6. Exterior Changes More and more, customers are choosing to personalize a home’s exterior style to their exact specifications.
7. Angled Garage Many customers change the angle of their garage, either for space concerns or as a unique design choice, the builder says.
8. Bonus Room A bonus room adds additional space for hobbies and entertainment, and is a popular lifestyle option since its use can change with the life of the home.
9. Sitting Room Adding a sitting room off the master suite adds a touch of luxury to the everyday, and many customers enjoy the added value.