10. Hill Country Neo-Prairie: The unique C-shaped layout of this 4,237-square-foot home is positioned around a side courtyard that creates oh-so-lovely privacy on not-so-private lots. Neat details like the pivot front door, room for a hanging bed in the master suite’s covered pavilion, and an entry tower set this modern home apart in our top ten. For images and information, click here.
9. Home in the Woods: Wrapping porches and generous windows provide ample opportunities for calming views in this 3,126-square-foot rancher with craftsman detailing. Inside, find modern warmth in the large lodge room complete with fireplace and window wall. Multiple vaulted ceilings, a deluxe master suite, and an optional apartment over the garage add real luxury. For more images and information, click here.
8. Don’t Miss the Grilling Porch: Active families will rejoice in this four-bedroom French country style home with intelligent design features like snack bar seating in the kitchen, a computer center in the breakfast room, and a columned grilling porch with fireplace. Split bedrooms ensure privacy for the extensive master suite. For more images and information, click here.
7. Hill Country Fusion Home: Designed to get the most out of a steeply sloping lot, this contemporary craftsman offers four bedrooms, split garages, and room to move. A huge great room and gallery create a vibrant center in this 4,185-square-foot home. Check out the private owner’s porch, complete with an outdoor fireplace, outside the first-floor master suite. For more images and information, click here.
6. Colonial with Bonus: This classic colonial makes the most of its 1,775 square feet with an open and flowing living space on the first floor and generous bedrooms upstairs. A clever storage and drop-off area from the garage enters to the kitchen, and a dining room with tray ceiling crowns this livable floor plan designed with families in mind. For more images and information, click here.
5. Tons of Room to Expand: A formal dining room, three-car garage, and walk-in closets for every bedroom make this 2,156-square-foot plan unique among our best-sellers. A sophisticated craftsman design with elegant gables and columns in the front, this plan stays strong at #5 for the second year running. For more images and information, click here.
4. Natural Beauty: Decorative trusses crown the appealing exterior of this country craftsman home with wraparound porch and warm natural elements. With the option to finish the basement and expand upstairs, a growing family has plenty of room for additional bedrooms, recreation spaces, and storage, all without adding to the home’s footprint. For more images and information, click here.
3. Stunning Exterior: Despite its modest size (less than 2,100 square feet) and cottage detailing, this plan lives big. From the foyer, columns announce the great room, highlighted by a cathedral ceiling, screened-porch access, and a fireplace with surrounding built-ins. Cathedral ceilings also grace the kitchen and breakfast area, as well as the front bedroom/study. For more images and information, click here.
2 Perfect for Entertaining: With its rustic good looks and room for entertaining, this 2,847-square-foot home has moved up the ranks from last year to runner-up. Extras include the exercise room attached to the master suite, extensive bonus space upstairs, and a guest suite near the front complete with a full bathroom. For more images and information, click here.
1. Tavern-Like Features: Find a warm heart in this modest sized 2,091-square-foot home where the open first-floor living space connects the dining room, family room, and kitchen with a big angled kitchen island and see-through fireplace. There’s a lot to love in this cottage-fusion ranch house, our No. 1 for the second year running, including extensive outdoor spaces with a hearth-warmed barbecue porch for year-round comfort. For more images and information, click here.