At the Consumer Electronics Show earlier this month, Pentair announced its radiant floor heating brand Nuheat has the capability of integrating with Nest.
Nest's learning capabilities can now tell Nuheat to either turn on the floors or turn them off depending on when residents will be home or when they're leaving - no chance the floors stay on accidentally while homeowners are away on vacation.
Nuheat Signature retails for $265 and the Nest-integrated capabilities do not require any additional hardware or software purchases. Product feature include:
- Out-of-the-box compatible with Nest Learning Thermostat
- WiFi – Easily connects to WiFi network; 802.11 b/g/n compatible and a fully secure network WEP, WPA and WPA2
- Remote Access – Control via smartphone apps (iOS and Android) or web browser
- Weather – Local outdoor temperature and daily weather forecast
- Energy Usage – View hourly, weekly and monthly usage