Magnolia, Texas-based Gracepoint Homes has unveiled Stillwater, a new luxury community near The Woodlands, north of Houston, that features 381 Carolina low-country-style homes, reports Houston Business Journal staffer Paul Takahashi.
President Tom Cox Jr. said he was inspired to launch a Carolina low-country-style community in Houston after spending a lot of time in the Carolinas, particularly Palmetto Bluff in South Carolina.
“I’m a Southern boy myself, so I wanted to bring this architecture to Houston,” Cox said. “I love this kind of architecture. It’s timeless, classic and proportional.”
The homes in Stillwater will range in price from the $370,000s to more than $1 million.
The Stillwater homes also feature:
- Southern home exterior with a mix of lap siding and brick, as well as metal and shingle roofing
- 11-foot ceilings on both the first and second floors
- Texas-style “basements" — large storage spaces on the second floor and attic
- Large kitchen islands that can easily seat six people
- High-end Thermador appliances
- A study or parlor room
- Upstairs game room
- A laundry room off a large walk-in master closet