Big Builder Online asked readers about their predictions and tactics for the 2010 spring selling season.

Half of the respondents said they expect to see an increase in traffic at their communities. However, 30% of the respondents said they are not as hopeful, and the remaining 20% are still on the fence.

However, a majority of the respondents?70%?said they are certain that spring 2010 will generate more traffic and sales than spring 2009, although the remaining 30% of respondents didn't agree with that assessment.

By the April 30 sales and June 30 closing deadlines, 40% of respondents said they expect to do the usual percentage of seasonal sales, while 30% expect to do 70% of their 2010 business, 20% expect more than normal first-half sales, and 10% predict they'll do 80% of their 2010 business.

Offering energy-efficiency programs to differentiate from competitors and existing housing is the most popular tactic being used by builders, followed by marketing of the extended/expanded home buyer tax credit, guaranteeing move-in by June 30, lowering prices, and offering free upgrades.