Mattamy Homes has picked up more than 1,650 lots in the Orlando area in a series of three deals in June valued at slightly less than $35 million. That gives the company an inventory of more than 5,000 lots in the metro market.
Mattamy closed on the following properties in June of 2016:
1. Solara at Westside
Mattamy's first foray into the short-term rental community business, a model unique to Central Florida. "This is a unique project for Mattamy, and we're excited about the potential appeal to families visiting Disney World® and other area theme parks as well as groups on golf-type weekend outings," said Alex Martin, Mattamy's Orlando division president.
- More than 900 lots
- Resort-style amenities
- Product is expected to include attached and detached single-family homes (townhomes as well as 40' and 50' lots)
- Located in the north-west corner of Osceola County (4 corners area) with close proximity to Disney World®
This raw-land purchase is located within the heart of Central Florida's busiest sub-market: Horizon West. "We're really looking forward to bringing Mattamy's thoughtful community designs and rich product variety to Horizon West," said Martin.
- More than 450 lots
- Great proximity to SR429 and Disney World®
- Product is expected to include attached and detached single-family homes (townhomes as well as 40', 50', 60' and 90' lots)
3. The Preserve at Crown Point
Another raw land purchase, this property is located within the City of Ocoee. "This property was purchased from the City, which was a first and unique experience for us," Martin said.
- More than 300 lots
- Product is expected to include detached, single-family homes (45', 55' and 65' lots)
- Close proximity to schools, retail outlets and the West Orange Trail
- The community will be gated and will have a cabana and pool as well as passive recreation
"We are extremely excited about the growth potential of the Orlando market, as we believe that people will continue to look to Central Florida as a place where they want to live and raise a family, own a second home or retire to," said Martin.