Get this: teens and young adults don't really like lots of fanfare in their rooms, much less a lame impression of what's cool with the kids. Keep it simple, respect their privacy, give them the space to make it their own and corral their stuff, offer multiple escape routes, and throw in some views for good measure, and you're in. That's certainly the lesson of the upstairs bedrooms and laundry/hobby area across the hall—grown-up spaces for maturing siblings just looking for a little quiet time and a nod to their budding independence.PRODUCT SPECS
- CLOSET STORAGE. Modular and adjustable laminate storage systems by ClosetMaid (circle no. 192) expand the spaces of the generous closets even further.
- DOOR HARDWARE. The Verona series of interior and entry door hardware from Hoppe North America (circle no. 193) features a satin-nickel finish and a consistent handle style throughout the house.
- GYPSUM WALLBOARD. Mold-resistant dry-wall from Georgia-Pacific (circle no. 194) adds to the home's high environmental standards.
- INTERIOR DOORS. Jeld-Wen Windows & Doors (circle no. 195) outfitted the house with its prehung and prefinished mahogany wood interior doors in a classic, one-panel look that accentuates the home's style and décor.
- LIGHTING. A variety of recessed, task, and general lighting from Progress Lighting (circle no. 196) supplements the natural light enabled by the home's design.
- LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT & IRONING CENTER. Whirlpool Corp.'s Pro Line series of laundry equipment and ImPress ironing center provide a dedicated laundry area for the upstairs occupants.