BUILDER and CUSTOM HOME announce the 2017 edition of the Builder's Choice & Custom Home Design Awards (BCCHDA), which will accept entries until April 10 ( the regular deadline) and April 14 (the late deadline, $50 fee applies).
For more than three decades, the annual program has celebrated innovation in residential design and the very best of housing . Two levels of awards—merit and grand—are issued based on criteria including design excellence, innovation, sustainability, floor plan efficiency, and use of materials. One project may also be elevated to receive the program's highest honor, Project of the Year.
The BCCHDAs recognize various scales and styles of built projects—from single rooms to entire communities.
This year's 13 categories include the following:
- Custom Home / 5,000 Square Feet or Less
- Custom Home /5,000 Square Feet or More
- Renovation (residential remodeling, addition, or adaptive reuse)
- Architectural Interiors (build-outs, interior renovations)
- Accessory Building / Outdoor Spaces (pool house, stable, garden house, guesthouse, etc.)
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / 3,500 Square Feet of Less
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / More Than 3,500 Square Feet
- Modular/Prefab Home
- Multifamily, Duplexes, Townhomes and Mixed-Use
- Affordable Housing
- Urban or Community Planning
A jury panel of esteemed building and design professionals will be announced in the coming weeks. Entries will be accepted until April 10. Submissions received between April 10 (the regular deadline) and April 14 (the late deadline) are subject to an additional $50 fee. Projects completed after January 1, 2012 are eligible for consideration.
Winners will be published in the September issue of BUILDER magazine, and honored at an event that month in Washington, D.C.
The Design Awards entry process is completely digital. You may register, complete entry forms, and upload images, drawings, and plans by submitting everything to the digital portal in an easy, two-step process.