BUILDER and CUSTOM HOME have extended deadlines for the 2016 Builder's Choice Custom Home Design Awards (BCCHDA), and will now accept entries until May 2 ( the regular deadline) and May 6 (the late deadline).
The annual program celebrates excellence and innovation in residential design. Two levels of awards—merit and grand—are issued based on criteria including design excellence, innovation, sustainability, floor plan efficiency, and use of materials. Projects may also be selected to receive the program's highest honors, Project of the Year and Custom Home of Year.
The BCCHDAs recognizes various scales and styles of projects—from single rooms to entire communities.
This year's 13 categories include the following:
- Custom Home / 5,000 Square Feet or Less
- Custom Home /5,000 Square Feet or More
- Renovation (residential remodeling, addition, or adaptive reuse)
- Architectural Interiors (build-outs, interior renovations)
- Accessory Building / Outdoor Spaces (pool house, stable, garden house, guesthouse, etc.)
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / 3,500 Square Feet of Less
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / More Than 3,500 Square Feet
- Modular/Prefab Home
- Multifamily, Duplexes, Townhomes and Mixed-Use
- Affordable Housing
- Urban or Community Planning
A jury panel of esteemed building and design professionals will be announced in the coming weeks. Entries will be accepted until April 29. Submissions received between April 25 (the regular deadline) and April 29 (the late deadline) are subject to an additional $50 fee. Projects completed after January 1, 2011 are eligible for consideration.
View the complete details of the program, and begin your application here.
The Design Awards are completely digital. You may register, complete entry forms, and upload images, drawings, and plans by submitting everything to the digital portal in an easy, two-step process.
For ideas and inspiration, view past year's winners.