Project of the Year
Parkside Residences, Austin, Texas
Architecture and construction are fields in which creative problem-solving can pay off big on issues such as affordability and suburban sprawl. Our judges elevated the Parkside Residences to Project of the Year, not just because the three spec homes are beautifully designed and efficiently built, but because they also make ingenious use of what once was a single lot on an overlooked commercial strip.
- MiMA Roof Terrace Commons, New York
- Ice Cycle House, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Copake Breezehouse, Copake, N.Y.
- Mount Vernon TH, Houston
- Matchbox House, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- The Corner, Missoula, Mont.
- Elevation at Alma Plaza, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Mount Rainier Mixed-Use Town Center Development Plan, Mount Rainier, Md.