Metrostudy, a Hanley Wood company and the nation’s leading provider of research and analysis in the residential real estate development and new home construction markets, predicts robust activity for housing, construction and lending in 2015. Analyst David Cobb forecasts 1,080,000 starts, 504,000 new home sales and 11,133,698 remodels.
The top 10 healthiest markets are:
1) The Villages, FL
2) Provo-Orem, UT
3) Fort Collins, CO
4) Austin-Round Rock, TX
5) Salt Lake City, UT
6) Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, FL
7) Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL
8) San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
9) Greeley, CO
10) St. George, UT
Fundamental indicators driving growth for 2015 include:
- Baby boomers are not getting younger, yet feel more confident to invest in new homes and/or discretionary home improvements.
- Consumer confidence and sense of financial stability are more important now than jobs, unemployment or GDP to remodeling and replacement markets.
- Postponed remodeling and replacement projects are coming due just as home equity and stock portfolios increase.
- Housing demand is shifting to higher price points, and correspondingly, consumers are wanting better and bigger (but for volumes to increase, lower price options need to come back).
Metrostudy, a Hanley Wood company, is the leading provider of primary and secondary market information to the housing and related industries nationwide. Established in 1975 in Houston, Metrostudy provides research, data, analytics and consulting services that help builders, developers, lenders, suppliers, retailers, utilities and others make investment and business decisions every day. To learn more, visit www.metrostudy.com.
About Hanley Wood
Hanley Wood is the premier information, media, event, and strategic marketing services company serving the residential, commercial design and construction industries. Utilizing the largest editorial- and analytics-driven construction market database, the company produces powerful market data and insights; award-winning publications, newsletters and websites; high-profile executive events; and strategic marketing solutions. To learn more, visit hanleywood.com.