At last month’s International Builders’ Show, Home Innovation Research Labs debuted its inaugural green certification program annual report, “NGBS Green: A Better Place to Call Home.” The report provides a new advocacy quill in the quiver of builders and verifiers around the country hoping to promote more choice in the marketplace in regions where green building is required by code.
The report highlights the progress of Home Innovation’s NGBS Green certification program for 2014-2015, as well as provides information on some of the program’s significant milestones on its path from a start-up in 2009 to the industry’s program of choice today. It was developed to both provide a solid baseline understanding of what NGBS Green is as well as illuminate some of the lesser-known aspects of the program.
Feature items in the annual report include:
• Forewords from Michael Luzier, president & CEO of Home Innovation Research Labs, and Troy Johns, owner of Urban NW Homes and chairman of the NGBS Green Advisory Group
• Marketable benefits of NGBS Green certification
• Milestones on the path to 50,000 NGBS Green certified homes
• NGBS Green program stats and figures
• Information on NGBS.com—the newly-launched consumer portal for finding NGBS Green Certified homes
• Descriptions of atypical residential projects: student housing, military housing, supportive housing/shelters, and rescue squad facilities
• Overview on strides being made on green home appraisals
• Existing incentives for NGBS Green projects
• NGBS Green Partner profiles
Home Innovation Research Labs hopes this inaugural NGBS Green report, and those to come in future years, will equip residential building industry partners with the facts and insights needed to build the case for truly green, cost-effective, rigorous home certification.
To download a copy of the NGBS Green annual report, visit www.ngbs.com/annualreport.