The Industry's First Recessed Downlight for Fire-Rated Applications Now Available with PRO-OPTIC? Technology.
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (April 1, 2002) — Progress Lighting's new PRO-OPTIC Firebox? responds to the unique recessed lighting needs of light commercial applications. Assisted living, hospitality and multi-housing facilities demand more than functionality from recessed lighting fixtures. These facilities require high light output and compliance with the safety codes of fire-rated ceiling assemblies, all within a cost-effective fixture that provides a residential atmosphere. The new PRO-OPTIC Firebox combines the convenience, the functionality and the safety of the PRO-OPTIC and the Firebox.
"Our new PRO-OPTIC Firebox series incorporates two of the industry's safest and most effective recessed downlights," comments James Decker, Vice President of Marketing for Progress Lighting.
"Designed with our patent pending photometrically contoured reflector of the PRO-OPTIC and our patent pending FlameTight? technology of the Firebox, the PRO-OPTIC Firebox is ideal for light commercial facilities where a residential atmosphere is desired, high levels of light are required and ceiling spaces, which are often limited, demand fire-rated ceiling assemblies."
With several unique design elements, the PRO-OPTIC Firebox offers a number of benefits for facilities that desire a decorative yet functional lighting plan:
- Commercial Quality — Compact fluorescent recessed light fixture, with photometrically contoured reflector, provides 40% more light than traditional flat top reflectors.
- Residential Feel — 6" aperture produces a less obtrusive appearance, creating a warm, residential atmosphere.
- Safe Application — UL Classified for L500 series non-IC fire-rated floor/ceiling assembly with a fire rating of one hour or less.
- Cost-Effective, Easy installation — Installs like any other recessed fixture, without the added time and expense of custom-built fireboxes.
- High Light Output — The patent pending PRO-OPTIC Technology provides light levels comparable to most competitor's 8" aperture recessed products.
For more information about the new PRO-OPTIC Firebox or other products in Progress Lighting's complete line of lighting fixtures, call 864-599-6000, or visit our website - www.progresslighting.com.
Founded in 1906, Progress Lighting continues to be the largest manufacturer f residential lighting products in North America, offering more than 2,600 lighting products. Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, Progress has a manufacturing facility in Cowpens, SC and distribution centers in Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Atlanta.
Melissa Morrell, JDPR
864-233-3776, ext. 15
Virginia Davis, JDPR
864-233-3776, ext. 12