Forbes' list of the top 20 markets for housing investment uses a mix of home price, and local economic data in more than 300 housing markets from Local Market Monitor. Forbes' choices were ranked primarily on four factors: population, home prices, and the local jobs economy to compile the list of Best Buy Cities.
In our breakout map of the top 10 markets, it's notable that three Texas cities fell in the top 5 of the list (the southeast region isn't looking to bad either). Here's your cheat sheet:
TOP 10 INVESTMENT METROS
- Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Dallas-Plano-Irving, Texas
- Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, N.C.-S.C.
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Frankline, Tenn.
- Houston-Sugarland-Baytow, Texas
- Atlanta -Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga.
Each market on the list breaks out the following data: population, actual home price, equilibrium home price, percent difference, and 3-year growth forecast. We combed each market's growth forecast and broke out the top 10 markets for expected growth out of Forbes' top 20.
SOURCE: Forbes, Local Market Monitor